BookChums Cart
Home Author

Rabindranath Tagore

Comments for Rabindranath Tagore

July 17th 2012,11:57 AM

Lotus On the day when the lotus bloomed, alas, my mind was straying, and I knew it not. My basket was empty and the flower remained unheeded. Only now and again... More details

July 17th 2012,11:57 AM

Lover's Gifts II: Come to My Garden Walk Come to my garden walk, my love. Pass by the fervid flowers that press themselves on your sight. Pass them by, stopping at some ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:57 AM

Lover's Gifts IV: She Is Near to My Heart She is near to my heart as the meadow-flower to the earth; she is sweet to me as sleep is to tired limbs. My love for her is my life More details

July 17th 2012,11:56 AM

Lover's Gifts LII: Tired of Waiting Tired of waiting, you burst your bonds, impatient flowers, before the winter had gone. Glimpses of the unseen comer reached your way... More details

July 17th 2012,11:56 AM

Lover's Gifts LIV: In the Beginning of Time In the beginning of time, there rose from the churning of God's dream two women. One is the dancer at the court of paradise, the More details

July 17th 2012,11:56 AM

Lover's Gifts LVI: The Evening Was Lonely The evening was lonely for me, and I was reading a book till my heart became dry, and it seemed to me that beauty was a thing ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:55 AM

Lover's Gifts LVIII: Things Throng and Laugh Things throng and laugh loud in the sky; the sands and dust dance and whirl like children. Man's mind is aroused by their shouts; ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:55 AM

Lover's Gifts LXX: Take Back Your Coins Take back your coins, King's Councillor. I am of those women you sent to the forest shrine to decoy the young ascetic who had never More details

July 17th 2012,11:54 AM

Lover's Gifts V: I Would Ask For Still More I would ask for still more, if I had the sky with all its stars, and the world with its endless riches; but I would be content with... More details

July 17th 2012,11:53 AM

Krishnakali In the village they call her the dark girl but to me she is the flower Krishnakali On a cloudy day in a field I saw the dark girl's dark gazelle-eyes... More details

July 17th 2012,11:52 AM

Lamp Of Love Light, oh where is the light? Kindle it with the burning fire of desire! There is the lamp but never a flicker of a flame--is such thy fate, my hea... More details

July 17th 2012,11:52 AM

Last Curtain I know that the day will come when my sight of this earth shall be lost, and life will take its leave in silence, drawing the last curtain over my e... More details

July 17th 2012,11:52 AM

Leave This Leave this chanting and singing and telling of beads! Whom dost thou worship in this lonely dark corner of a temple with doors all shut? Open thine eyes and ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:51 AM

Let Me Not Forget If it is not my portion to meet thee in this life then let me ever feel that I have missed thy sight ---let me not forget for a moment, let me ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:51 AM

Light Light, my light, the world-filling light, the eye-kissing light, heart-sweetening light! Ah, the light dances, my darling, at the center of my life... More details

July 17th 2012,11:51 AM

Little Flute Thou hast made me endless, such is thy pleasure. This frail vessel thou emptiest again and again, and fillest it ever with fresh life. This little ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:50 AM

Little Of Me Let only that little be left of me whereby I may name thee my all. Let only that little be left of my will whereby I may feel thee on every ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:50 AM

Lord Of My Life Thou who art the innermost Spirit of my being, art thou pleased, Lord of my Life? For I give to thee my cup filled with all the pain and delight ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:50 AM

Lost Star When the creation was new and all the stars shone in their first splendor, the gods held their assembly in the sky and sang `Oh, the picture of perfection! th... More details

July 17th 2012,11:47 AM

Give Me Strength This is my prayer to thee, my lord---strike, strike at the root of penury in my heart. Give me the strength lightly to bear my joys and sorrows... More details

July 17th 2012,11:47 AM

Hard Times Music is silenced, the dark descending slowly Has stripped unending skies of all companions. Weariness grips your limbs and within the locked horizons ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:47 AM

I I wonder if I know him In whose speech is my voice, In whose movement is my being, Whose skill is in my lines, Whose melody is in my songs In joy... More details

July 17th 2012,11:46 AM

I Am Restless I am restless. I am athirst for far-away things. My soul goes out in a longing to touch the skirt of the dim distance. O Great Beyond, O the keen call of ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:46 AM

I Cast My Net Into The Sea In the morning I cast my net into the sea. I dragged up from the dark abyss things of strange aspect and strange beauty -- some shone like a... More details

July 17th 2012,11:46 AM

I Found A Few Old Letters XIV I found a few old letters of mine carefully hidden in thy box—a few small toys for thy memory to play with. With a timorous heart thou didst tr... More details

July 17th 2012,11:45 AM

In The Dusky Path Of A Dream IN the dusky path of a dream I went to seek the love who was mine in a former life. Her house stood at the end of a desolate street.... More details

July 17th 2012,11:45 AM

Innermost One He it is, the innermost one, who awakens my being with his deep hidden touches. He it is who puts his enchantment upon these eyes and joyfu... More details

July 17th 2012,11:45 AM

Journey Home The time that my journey takes is long and the way of it long. I came out on the chariot of the first gleam of light, and pursued my voyage through... More details

July 17th 2012,11:44 AM

Keep Me Fully Glad II Keep me fully glad with nothing. Only take my hand in your hand. In the gloom of the deepening night take up my heart and play with it as you list... More details

July 17th 2012,11:43 AM

Fairyland If people came to know where my king's palace is, it would vanish into the air. The walls are of white silver and the roof of shining gold. The queen l... More details

July 17th 2012,11:42 AM

Farewell I have got my leave. Bid me farewell, my brothers! I bow to you all and take my departure. Here I give back the keys of my door ---and I give up... More details

July 17th 2012,11:42 AM

Fireflies My fancies are fireflies, — Specks of living light twinkling in the dark. he voice of wayside pansies, that do not attract the careles... More details

July 17th 2012,11:41 AM

Flower Pluck this little flower and take it, delay not! I fear lest it droop and drop into the dust. I may not find a place in thy garland, but honour it with a... More details

July 17th 2012,11:41 AM

Fool O Fool, try to carry thyself upon thy own shoulders! O beggar, to come beg at thy own door! Leave all thy burdens on his hands who can bear all, and... More details

July 17th 2012,11:40 AM

Free Love By all means they try to hold me secure who love me in this world. But it is otherwise with thy love which is greater than theirs, and thou keepest me free. More details

July 17th 2012,11:40 AM

Freedom Freedom from fear is the freedom I claim for you my motherland! Freedom from the burden of the ages, bending your head, breaking your back, blinding your... More details

July 17th 2012,11:40 AM

Friend Art thou abroad on this stormy night on thy journey of love, my friend? The sky groans like one in despair. I have no sleep tonight. Ever a... More details

July 17th 2012,11:39 AM

From Afar The 'I' that floats along the wave of time, From a distance I watch him. With the dust and the water, With the fruit and the flower, With the Al... More details

July 17th 2012,11:39 AM

July 17th 2012,11:36 AM

Defamation Whey are those tears in your eyes, my child? How horrid of them to be always scolding you for nothing! You have stained your fingers and face with ink while ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:36 AM

Distant Time I know not from what distant time thou art ever coming nearer to meet me. Thy sun and stars can never keep thee hidden from me for aye. In m... More details

July 17th 2012,11:36 AM

Dungeon He whom I enclose with my name is weeping in this dungeon. I am ever busy building this wall all around; and as this wall goes up into the sky day by day I lose... More details

July 17th 2012,11:35 AM

Endless Time Time is endless in thy hands, my lord. There is none to count thy minutes. Days and nights pass and ages bloom and fade like flowers. Thou k... More details

July 17th 2012,11:35 AM

Chain Of Pearls Mother, I shall weave a chain of pearls for thy neck with my tears of sorrow. The stars have wrought their anklets of light to deck thy feet, More details

July 17th 2012,11:33 AM

Closed Path I thought that my voyage had come to its end at the last limit of my power,---that the path before me was closed, that provisions were exhausted and ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:33 AM

Clouds and Waves Mother, the folk who live up in the clouds call out to me- "We play from the time we wake till the day ends. We play with the golden dawn, we play with... More details

July 17th 2012,11:33 AM

Colored Toys When I bring to you colored toys, my child, I understand why there is such a play of colors on clouds, on water, and why flowers are painted in tints... More details

July 17th 2012,11:32 AM

Death O thou the last fulfilment of life, Death, my death, come and whisper to me! Day after day I have kept watch for thee; for thee have I borne the jo... More details

July 17th 2012,11:31 AM

A Moments Indulgence I ask for a moment's indulgence to sit by thy side. The works that I have in hand I will finish afterwards. Away from the sight of thy face... More details

July 17th 2012,11:30 AM

At The Last Watch Pity, in place of love, That pettiest of gifts, Is but a sugar-coating over neglect. Any passerby can make a gift of it To a street begg... More details

July 17th 2012,11:30 AM

Authorship You say that father write a lot of books, but what he write I don't understand. He was reading to you all the evening, but could you really make out w... More details

July 17th 2012,11:29 AM

Baby's Way If baby only wanted to, he could fly up to heaven this moment. It is not for nothing that he does not leave us. He loves to rest his head on mother's bosom, ... More details

July 17th 2012,11:29 AM

Baby's World I wish I could take a quiet corner in the heart of my baby's very own world. I know it has stars that talk to him, and a sky that stoops down to his... More details

July 17th 2012,11:29 AM

Beggarly Heart When the heart is hard and parched up, come upon me with a shower of mercy. When grace is lost from life, come with a burst of song.... More details

July 17th 2012,11:29 AM

Brahmā, Vişņu, Śiva I THE DARK In a worldless timeless lightless great emptiness Four-faced Brahma broods. nasad asin, no sad asit tadanim; More details

July 17th 2012,11:28 AM

Benediction Bless this little heart, this white soul that has won the kiss of heaven for our earth. He loves the light of the sun, he loves the sight of his moth... More details

July 17th 2012,11:28 AM

Brink Of Eternity In desperate hope I go and search for her in all the corners of my room; I find her not. My house is small and what once has gon... More details

July 17th 2012,11:27 AM

Broken Song Kasinath the new young singer fills the hall with sound: The seven notes dance in his throat like seven tame birds. His voice is a sharp sword slicing and t... More details
keshav solanki

July 17th 2012,10:40 AM

Rabindranath Tagore Quotes A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it.- Rabindranath Tagore Quotes Age considers; youth v... More details
Also See
Rabindranath Tagore's Comment

Notable Works:

Gitanjali,
Gora,
Ghare-Baire,
Jana Gana Mana (Indian National Anthem)

Awards Won: